Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Why didn't anyone tell me?

Maybe I wasn't paying attention when I was growing up, but I'm pretty sure no one ever told me HOW FAST your children go from cute little blobs to pint sized people. I am shocked, sad and scared all at the same time at how fast Sophie is growing up and changing everyday.... and I do mean EVERY DAY!! Her new favorite things this week are crawling ALL over the house in search of one item in particular.... DOG TOYS. (another fascination I was not prepared for---the love of everything other than her own toys) This kid will watch you like a hawk to see where you put the dog toys and than she waits.... til that moment you look away and she's off on a sprint crawl to get that toy. Amazing!! She has also learned how to pull herself up on her toy basket (laundry basket full of toys) and than she procedes to empty it all out, until she realizes of course that there aren't any dogtoys in there. But, I think her cutest new trick of the week is her feeding herself. We had pizza yesterday and she just had a blast smearing it all over the tray, and than somehow managing to get the pieces just right in her little fingers to get them in her mouth. ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!! Being a mom is so GREAT!!!!!

No comments: