Monday, May 12, 2008

The Best Mother's Day Ever!




So, I have to start this post by apologizing to all the other wives and mother's out there, because I have the BEST husband ever! We started Mother's Day with a FABULOUS breakfast that my husband made for me. (French toast and bacon) Then while I was getting ready for church, Jon asked me to come into the living room. The following is what I saw:
First, I need to tell you about the picture that Jon is holding. That is a poem that he found on the internet and took a stencil to paint the canvas. (Now, what I think is COMPLETELY amazing is that he had to do this one letter at a time and he did this on his breaks while he was at work) Second, (the funny part) is that Jon decided that he wanted to put Sophie's hand print on the picture, so he painted her hand and "magically" got a PERFECT hand print, than Sophie decided that she wanted to paint herself. Luckily, it was washable paint. She still managed to get in her hair, ears, and even managed to paint her eyelashes.

Jon, felt bad about the fact that she made a mess of herself and that it was now going to take longer to get her ready, but I thought it was absolutely hilarious!!! And somehow, even though she practically painted her whole body, she did not get a drip of paint anywhere else.


My great day continued at church. The bishopric gave all the mother's roses during sacrament. Which was really sweet. And than it got even better. The elder's quorum decided that the husbands of all the teacher's in the primary were going to take over their wives primary class. (For those of you that don't know I teach the CTR 5-6 in primary) So, for the first time since November I got to go to Relief Society while Jon taught my class. I'm telling you he's the BEST!!


After church we stopped at the beach and took a few pictures.


Thank you Jon for EVERYTHING!!! I am so Thankful for all that you did to give me such a wonderful and memorable day!! I am so grateful that I get to be with you for eternity!

1 comment:

Katie said...

hottee! Nice dress! And what a sweet gift from your super husband. What a guy!