Thursday, July 3, 2008

Adventures of a 15 month old...

So, we had just moved into the new house and unfortunately the wires for the internet are still on the ground and not covered. Which means that Sophie has FULL access to them. So, all day one day the internet was down. So, I did the usual and restarted the computer, I unplugged the router to reset it. I even unplugged the modem. Well, finally a couple of hours later (I waited because we had had a thunderstorm so I thought maybe that affected it) I called into the cable company. I told them the problem and was feeling pretty proud of myself for all the checking that I had done ahead of time, when all of a sudden he asked me what I thought was a "stupid" question. He said is the modem plugged into the router? I ofcourse immediately said yes, and than he said well why don't you double check it and run your fingers along the cord and check both ends of the connection. So, I did (the whole time thinking this guy just thinks I'm a dumb female and thinking this is a COMPLETE waste of my time) and what do you know sure enough it was unplugged. Apparently, Sophie had gotten into the cords when I wasn't looking and pulled the cord that goes from the modem to the router out. So, I win the idiot award of the day, for not checking to make sure it was plugged in first. LOL!!!!!!

No comments: