Thursday, October 23, 2008

Family update

Unfortunately, I don't have any new pics to share. But, I thought I would give you a little family update and let you know what we've been up to.

First.... Sophie. She is doing fantastic!! She recently had her 18 month check up and is perfectly healthy. She is still in the 95% for height and has moved up to the 75% for weight. (I guess she likes food as much as her mom and dad) The amazing thing is that she is in these brackets against normal 18 month old. Pretty impressive for an 8 week early preemie. She has been working with a therapist once a week to help her with her speech and fortunately (or maybe unfortunately depending on how you look at it) it's really helping her. She now says "Mama", "dada" and "hi". She barks, signs "please" and "more" and tries to say "open" and "up". And anything that start with a "b" she will say the "buh" sound. She is making progress....slowly but surely.

Now, for Jon and I. We've embarked on something really exciting. We have decided to be foster parents. So, today we completed the 2 day training that we needed to receive our license to foster/adopt. This is however just the beginning of the process. We still have to have a background check done (cross your fingers guys so I can pass this....J/k), and we also have to have a ridiculously long, intense home study. But, if all goes perfectly we should have a child in our home in about 3 months. So, please keep us in your prayers so that everything goes smoothly.

I hope all is well with everyone out there and we miss you and love you all.

1 comment:

Lexirella said...

If there is anything else you need, let me know! I would love to watch Sophie again!