Friday, October 31, 2008

Trunk or Treat.....or NOT!

To make my husband proud/happy I decided to decorate our truck for the ward Trunk or Treat. I'm not usually the Halloween decorator in the family but I actually really got into and had a blast. I finished the truck, got everything ready for Sophie's costume and headed to Wal-mart for some last minute items. (candy, etc.) I got back out to the truck running right on schedule when to my surprise the Durango wouldn't start. I take a deep breath and try it again...still nothing. And than I think, ok this is not a big deal I'll find someone with jumper cables and we'll get this started and I can still make it to church on time. Well, after trying to jump it with 3 different vehicles, I started to panic. Luckily, I was able to get a ride to church so that I could still go to the party, but all my hard work on the truck to decorate it was all for nothing. I did however take some pictures before I went to Wal-mart so I thought at least I would share them with all of you, since no one else had the pleasure of seeing it.

Oh, just in case you were wondering. Jon was finally able to fix the truck. Luckily, it was only a bad battery. Also, another quick note just in case you ever own a vehicle that is a V8 to get it jumped properly, the vehicle helping you has to be a V8 also. It makes total sense now, but I never realized that before. I guess my blond is coming out again.

No comments: