Thursday, February 7, 2008

Happy Mardi Gras!!






What an experience Mardi Gras is!!!??? Every town has a parade, sometimes 2-3 parades per town, in a one week time period. You might ask what the reason for the parade is....it is to throw things at people. And almost anything gets thrown from the obvious, beads, but than there are cups, frisbees, tshirts, stuffed animals and MORE beads. I never thought that I would purposely subject myself to having things thrown at me, but I did it not only once, I did it 3 times. One of the weirdest traditions that exists which we have not yet been able to figure out why is that people will wear thong underwear on there head, and some wear it over there pants. And they all got it from the same place because its matching purple, green and gold mardi gras thongs. I DON'T GET IT!!!!!!! One really fun thing we did though, was Jon was picked to go on his float for the Hard Rock. He was actually the only one picked from the whole table games department, which has over 300 employees. So, I went to the parade with Sophie, my friend Katie and her son Vince, and Katie's neighbor Veronica and her daughter Jordan. It was a lot of fun!! The kids really got into it, especially Jordan, and they loved getting the beads and stuffed animals. Jordan had so many beads on at one point that she took them all off and handed them to her mom because they were so heavy. We had a really fun day, and we completely exhausted all of the kids. Now, I have a question though....... any ideas on what to do with ALL of these beads???? HELP!!!

No comments: