Saturday, February 2, 2008

Normal????

Wow!!! I can't believe that it is February already! Time just goes by so fast. Sophie is 10 months old today!! Yeah! I am just amazed at her and how much joy she brings me. I always knew that I wanted to be a mom, but I never expected that I would be so in LOVE with my children. As of her 9 month check up she was 20 lbs and 2 oz and a little over 28 in long, which put her in the 75% for both height and weight for a "normal" 9 month old. Ok, so I have to ask... Who invented this whole "normal" thing anyway. I have been having issues with that lately. It seems like everytime I go out with Sophie undoubtedly someone will ask me how old she is, and than ofcourse the "big" question... Is she walking yet? Which ofcourse my response is that, "no, she is not even crawling." I had one person, tell me after that, that Sophie was lazy, and another just looked at me, like I told them that Sophie was dying. They acted so mortified for me. What is the deal with this? Why is it that we feel the need to compare our children to others, and than when ours is doing something there's isn't we feel superior? AAAAAGH!!! I feel so frustrated!!!

Ok enough of what Sophie isn't doing and lets talk about what she is doing.

First of all, she is the light of my life, and she makes my world better!! She is sitting up, and rolling around and she is trying to pull herself to a sitting position. (that is her new project) The funny thing is when she is trying to sit up, she looks like she is doing leg lifts, and than her face gets all red while she is just grunting away. You'd have to see it. She has gotten one of her bottom teeth and now she is cutting her other bottom tooth and both of her top front teeth. (All at the same time... :( ) With as much as she is chewing on her hand, I am surprised she has not chewed through it yet. She says "mama", and "baba or ba-bye". Daddy's working on "dada" but she's not quite there yet. Sorry dad! :(

Ok I will stop ranting now! I hope all of you are doing well and 2008 has been good so far, and to all of you out there judging my baby...I think she's perfect and if you don't think so there is one thing Sophie will ALWAYS win... she's the cutest...HAAH!!!

No comments: