Friday, March 1, 2013

Day 1

I have survived the first 24 hours.  (barely!!!)  Its amazing how as soon as you tell me I cant have something, that is ALL I want!!  So far I feel ok with the day to day eating, but I am already getting nervous about the events coming up.  I know there is a relief society event coming, then there is Easter which is quickly followed by Sophie's birthday.  I know moderation is key... but moderation has NEVER been a strong suit of mine.  Ok, I guess the old addage is true... 1 day at a time!!!

Well here is how I managed day 1: (this will prolly be very similar to what I eat everyday)
     
       Breakfast:  a bowl of oatmeal (160 cals)
       Snack:  a piece of lowfat string cheese (50 cals)
       Lunch:  a tuna fish sandwich on wheat bread
                    1/4 cup of lowfat cottage cheese
                     a handful of baby carrots
                                                               (approx 350 cals)
       snack: banana (100 cals)
       Dinner:  1 cup of hamburger helper
                      1/4 cup of cottage cheese
                      a handful of baby carrots
                                                               (approx 400 cals)
       snack: 2 slices of wheat toast with honey (180 cals)
                   1 lowfat yogurt (90 cals)
  
                                                         Total for day 1:  1330 cals

For our exercise for the day Jon and I decided to have some fun with the kids so we broke out the Wii.  We played Just Dance 3 for a half hour, then did 20 situps, 5 push ups and 5 burpees and than we headed out for a walk around our neighborhood.  Man... I am OUT OF SHAPE!!!  I am definitely looking forward to being able to work out the way I used to!!!

No comments: